Hey - I know where Magic lives.
Where is the
~*:*~ m a g i c ~*:*~
in your life?
This week, here's where I found magic:
* in the miracle-fast bloom of a hyacinth bulb.
* in a conversation with my niece about jigsaw puzzles
and with my daughter about Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
* in my brain's ability to remember all the lyrics
of a song I haven't heard in 20 years.
* in the combination of a roasted sweet potato,
a drizzle each of olive oil and honey
and a pinch of crushed red pepper.
* in the return of morning birdsong.
* in a jaw-dropping tarot reading by Theresa Reed
in my sistermind group.
* in an out-of-the-blue offer -
something I never could've expected -
that smoothed out a persistent trouble.
* in a gorgeous interview of Teju Cole
about the importance of art in this time of outrage.
* in the creations of the women
who came to SoulCollage® this week.
* in sparkly eyeshadow.
* in how the bass line feels in my chest
when the music is loud.
Here's how you can find magic:
Stop worrying about what might happen.
and pause your planning for what's next.
Stop obsessing over what DID happen
and let go of whatever blame and shame
imprisons you in the past.
For a moment,
cease and desist
this hurtling yourself through your life.
Be here right now.
Literally stop and smell the roses.
Taste the asparagus.
Listen to the beat.
Feel the sun on your skin.
Apply lipstick and admire yourself.
Dance to your favorite song.
Look at the moon.
Magic is everywhere.
E V E R Y W H E R E.
And your wand is right there
in your miraculous hand.